Wednesday, September 23, 2026

"Adventure is out there!"


                                      "We're world famous"
I was feeling a little sad that I haven't photographed the Girlettes enough this year to make a calendar for next year. 
But it's not too late. Just gotta take us on some adventures.

"Adventure is out there!" 
John sent me that quote from one of his favorite movies, Up. 
And GZ wrote, "Time to be brave and step out...."

At work, Mr Mushroom, who seemed grumpy that I'm quitting (I think half the people I work with want to quit too--
Cassandra said, "I might be following you")--
Mr Mushroom said, 
"Are you going to take a trip? That's what I'd do."

So... Yes! I want to have an adventure, when I'm done with my job in ten days. Ten Days...
I am surprised how liberating it feels, to quit.
I thought I'd been pretty happy at the thrift, and I was. 
Looking back, I see a field of gold.

But it was also SQUASHING, to always be holding back the frustration at the small-mindedness holding the place down.

Took a lot of invisible energy,
 like resisting a sucking tide. 

I went to bed hot with anger at Big Boss, woke up, and thought:
Snap out of it:
Design your own Life Adventure!

So---look--even before I quit, on a day off,
 I'm going to do something easy––easy, but I've never done it–– 
Bike to St Paul on the Mississippi River trail.

It's 22 mi/34 km, round-trip... 
If my knee starts to hurt, I can easily cut it short:
City buses all have bike racks, so I could bus back home.

My knee is pretty good, but I just don't know...
Maybe I'll aim--for the first outing-- to bike to the turning point where the river loops toward the east at Fort Snelling State Park. 
The light-rail train stops there, and I could take it halfway home, if I need.

This is the river path in downtown Minneapolis--
I've been here many times, but I've never biked beyond it.


This morning my adventure is going to Mass with visitors Tracy & Chris,
 and then out to a Columbian cafe for mango pancakes.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a nice river ride..just work up to the longer rides gently..and remember they are for enjoyment !xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. rita and ava asked me to ask if some of the girlettes will be going along on the adventure. they are most anxious to see the bike ride.
    kirsten

    ReplyDelete